Tuesday, August 11, 2009

English Translation of 1001 Centigrade

Must be twenty years ago now, an old friend of mine returned to his home town with a new girlfriend, a delightful French lady called Michelle. She was over here teaching English children to speak French. They paid me a visit and the conversation veered towards French music. Finding out she was a translator, I had to ask if she could do me a favour, and handed her the LP of 1001 Degrees Centigrade and asking if she could make sense of the back cover for me. After some puzzled looks and a bit of a struggle, saying "The language is very poetique" , she handed me these pieces of paper.

Her relationship with my friend broke down, so we never met again, but wherever you are Michelle, thanks for this.

Rather than type this out, I prefer the look of the original complete with strike-throughs :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment